Body Episode 2
TOPIC: MY BODY
SCENE - A SHOP - 17:00 PM
Cynthia helps Keza to have self-love
WE HEAR KIDS PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND, AND A SONG PLAYING ON A NEARBY COMPUTER
1. CYNTHIA: Keza, are you okay? You look sad, almost depressed.
2. KEZA: (SIGHS) Something’s wrong with me Cynthia, but promise you won’t tell anybody.
3. CYNTHIA: I’m your friend; you can trust me, I promise.
4. KEZA:(UTTERS A SOUND OF SADNESS) Well, my body is changing like crazy... look at these boobs! They make me so shy that I don’t want to go anywhere.
5. CYNTHIA: So, that’s it? It’s so normal! Look, can’t you see I also have them? You shouldn’t feel ashamed because of them.
6. KEZA: Well, you’re used to it. The other day, my mom bought me a bra, and I didn’t know how to react!
7. CYNTHIA: Well, your mom probably noticed that you’re becoming a woman now; you should be proud!
8. KEZA:(UTTERS A SOUND OF SADNESS) But why are there older girls at my school who haven’t got them yet?
9. CYNTHIA: Well, not all girls go through puberty at the same time. Like, some girls have their first periods much later.
10. KEZA: Really?
11. CYNTHIA: Yeah; mine came quite late, and I was lucky my mom saw me through it.
12. KEZA: For me, it’s my aunt. She even showed me how to wear a pad.
13. CYNTHIA: Yeah, you should always have some pads with you.
14. KEZA:(TUTS) Boys are so lucky they don’t deal with all this drama!
15. CYNTHIA: What? Nooo, even boys go through body changes as well!
16. KEZA:(SURPRISED) Boys? Do they also have periods?
17. CYNTHIA:(LAUGHS) No! They might grow a beard, their voice changes, and they get wet dreams.
18. KEZA: Yeah, I think I heard something about boys having those.
19. CYNTHIA: I like going to the health center to get the right information. Did you know that a boy who has started to have wet dreams is able to make a girl pregnant?
20. KEZA: You’re kidding, right?
21. CYNTHIA: Nope. And for girls, they can get pregnant starting from when they get their periods if they have unprotected sex.
22. KEZA: Oh, okay. I didn’t know that...
23. CYNTHIA: It’s so normal! Don’t feel embarrassed when it happens to you.
24. KEZA: I really feel like boys are looking at me! One of them touched my boob the other day, and he wanted to kiss me!
25. CYNTHIA:(SHOCKED) What? Keza, he crossed a line, there!
26. KEZA: Yeah, I forced him to let go of me. (UTTERS A SOUND OF SADNESS) But it made me so uncomfortable!
27. CYNTHIA: Sorry, Keza. But you did the right thing telling him “no”
28. KEZA: But what if he had refused? What then?
29. CYNTHIA: If he refuses, then call for help and make sure you report him; that’s harassment!
30. KEZA: But who can I report him to, especially since it’s my fault?
31. CYNTHIA: No, Keza, you can report him. You can report him to RIB or to local authorities.
32. KEZA: I guess.
33. CYNTHIA: And it’s never your fault, no matter what anyone says.
34. KEZA: Okay, thanks.
35. CYNTHIA: No worries; don’t be shy to seek advice from an adult that you trust. Don’t keep such things to yourself.