Relationship Episode 1
SERIES: MY RELATIONSHIPS, EP 1
AT HOME – AT KEZA’S – EVENING 05:40 PM
Kayitesi (MUM) promises to have frequent “talks” with Keza
I. CRICKETS CHIRPING OUTSIDE AND SOME MUSIC ON THE RADIO
II. A DOOR OPENS
1. KAYITESI: Hey Keza, why are you keeping quiet; can’t you hear me when I call you?
2. KEZA: I...I...was going to come right away.
3. KAYITESI: Eeh, what are you hiding?
4. KEZA: (SCARED) No...No... Nothing. It’s just my phone.
5. KAYITESI: What were you doing? Were you texting someone?
-KEZA IS QUIET-
6. KAYITESI: Keza, why are you quiet? Let me see your phone!
7. KEZA: Mom, it’s just some things I was reading on the internet.
8. KAYITESI: The internet? What kinds of things? Let me see...The internet is not exactly a good thing.
9. KAYITESI:(SURPRISED) Goodness gracious! Keza, why are you reading this?
10. KEZA: (EMBARRASSED) It’s just...it’s...it’s just some things that I want to know.
11. KAYITESI: What, you want to know how to stop menstruating?
12. KEZA: Well, see... it’s not exactly comfortable.
13. KAYITESI: But Keza, this isn’t right. As long as you’re a girl, you’re going menstruate.
14. KEZA: What?
15. KAYITESI: Yes. How come you don’t know this?
16. KEZA: It’s what I was trying to find out.
17. KAYITESI: On the internet?
18. KEZA: Yeah.
19. KAYITESI: No, my dear, the internet is full of misinformation. Why didn't you ask me?
20. KEZA: I don’t know, mom, everyone just uses the internet, I guess.
21. KAYITESI: Oh honey... Times have really changed!
22. KEZA: What do you mean, mom?
23. KAYITESI: When I was your age, we talked to aunties...now you go to friends and the internet!
24. KEZA: Well, we don’t really have anyone to ask!
25. KAYITESI: But you can ask me! I’ve been through this and I know what you’re going through.
22. KEZA: You really wouldn’t mind?
23. KAYITESI: Of course not. So, what exactly were you trying to find out?
24. KEZA: It’s a lot actually, but I was wondering if a girl can get pregnant during her periods?
25. KAYITESI: You’re not pregnant, are you?
26. KEZA: No, I just want to be informed, so I don’t make a mistake in the future.
27. KAYITESI: Oh, okay, great! You should know that anytime a girl has unprotected sex, she could get pregnant.
28. KEZA: Really?
29. KAYITESI: Yes. There are so many myths out there that say otherwise, but they aren’t true.
30. KEZA: Yeah, I heard that if you have sex standing up, you can’t pregnant.
31. KAYITESI: Oh goodness! That's not true.
32. KEZA: Thanks a lot, mom.
33. KAYITESI: Sure, just come to me whenever you have any question, okay?
34. KEZA: Sure, mom, I will.